Electronic services accessed through the portal or Business Gateway.
Our Business e-services are for organisations that regularly transact with us as part of the conveyancing process to request information from the Land Register or to lodge applications to change the register online.
Members of the public and business customers who make one-off or occasional use of our services can:
Use our electronic services instead of paper applications for:
- a faster and more accurate service
- lower postal costs
- lower fees for some services
- a reduced environmental impact
- an electronic audit trail to help prevent fraud
Business e-services are divided into three service groups, each governed by its own terms and conditions or agreement. All customers will get access to Information Services, Land Charges Services and electronic Document Registration Service. They can also apply for Network Services and/or Lender Services at the same time, or later.
Information Services, Land Charges Services and electronic Document Registration Service
Business e-services customers must agree to comply with our conditions of use to get access to HM Land Registry Information Services (including MapSearch), Land Charges Services and the electronic Document Registration Service.
Customers who want access Network Services must meet the required criteria from HM Land Registry network access rules. Find out more about HM Land Registry Network Services.
Customers who want to access Lender Services must meet the required criteria. Find out more about HM Land Registry Lender Services.
Apply for Business e-services
All customers who want to use Business e-services must first apply to access them through the portal.
The HM Land Registry portal is a secure website for our professional customers to access Business e-services that is available from 6.30am to 11pm every day.
Business e-services customers who use the portal can also apply to access services via Business Gateway. This allows them to automatically access services from a case management system.
To do this, they must either have a case management system that offers integration or an IT development capability to integrate your system. Find out more about Business Gateway.
Terms and conditions
- Conditions of use: HM Land Registry business e-services
- Code of practice: HM Land Registry Business e-services
- HM Land Registry: Network Access Rules
- HM Land Registry Network Access Agreement
- Technical Manual: Business e-services
- Memorandum of Understanding: portal access to cancel registered charges (MoU)
- Land Registration Act 2002: Schedule 2
- Land Charges Act and Rules: Schedule 3
A certificate authority is a trusted body that creates, issues and manages certificates that prove a user’s identity during electronic transactions.
Read about how we operate as a certificate authority and provide a secure platform for you to access, authenticate and enable electronic signatures.
Help and support
If you have a query about applying for additional Business e-services, contact us either:
- by phone 0300 006 0411
- by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: 31 August 2017
Updated: 20 December 2017
- Our online services are available as normal throughout Christmas and New Year, except for Business e-services and Business Gateway, which are not available on Christmas Day (Monday 25 December).
- First published.