Check an HGV is ready to cross the border: translations

Check an HGV service and Kent Access Permit in български, Nederlandse, Français, Deutsch, Polski, Română, Español and Cymraeg.

Applies to England, Scotland and Wales

The following services closed on 20 April 2021:

  • Apply for a Kent Access Permit (KAP)
  • Check an HGV is ready to cross the border

You do not need a KAP to enter Kent.

Before you cross the border, you still need to:

This guidance is available in English and in these languages:

If you need help

Speak to an adviser online using webchat between 8am and 8pm, 7 days a week.

Face-to-face advice for hauliers and HGV drivers

Get advice on the documents you need in person at ‘haulier advice sites’ located at some motorway service stations and truck stops. Find your nearest haulier advice site.

Published 14 December 2020
Last updated 20 April 2021 + show all updates
  1. You no longer need a Kent Access Permit (KAP) to enter Kent.

  2. Added translation