You must register commercial trailers over 750kg and all trailers over 3,500kg before you can drive through some countries in Europe.
You can use this service to:
- check if you need to register a trailer to take it abroad
- create an account to register your trailer or trailers
- manage your registered trailer details - for example if you sell or scrap a trailer
- £26 to register a trailer for the first time
- £21 to issue a new registration certificate for a new registered keeper
- £10 for a replacement UK trailer registration certificate
Before you start
- the name of the trailer manufacturer
- the trailer’s vehicle identification number (VIN) or chassis number
- the gross and unladen weight of the trailer
- an email address
- a debit or credit card
You also need a Government Gateway user ID and password. If you do not have one, you can create one when you use this service.