The PDF timeline shows you important dates in 2020 for all three schemes (BPS, CS and ES), ahead of the full scheme rules and guidance being published. We’ve also included some of the things that you need to do to meet the cross compliance and Ecological Focus Area (EFA) /greening requirements of your application(s).
Why not add these dates to your calendar now. You can also print this off or save it on your computer. The Key dates are also listed below.
Basic Payment Scheme
- 1 January 2020 - BPS 2020 scheme year begins
- 12 March 2020 - BPS application window opens. All 2020 guidance available on GOV.UK
- 15 May 2020 (midnight) – deadline (without penalty) for BPS applications, CS/ES revenue claims and 2020 entitlement transfers and applications to the national reserve deadline.
- 1 June 2020 (midnight) – deadline to make certain changes (without penalty) to your BPS application or CS/ES revenue claim, if submitted before midnight on 15 May.
- 9 June 2020 (midnight) – BPS and CS/ES revenue claims late application deadline
- 31 December 2020 - BPS 2020 scheme year ends
- 1 December 2020 to 30 June 2021 – RPA makes BPS and CS/ES revenue claim payments
11 February 2020 – application window opens for Higher Tier, Mid Tier, Hedgerows and Boundaries and Wildlife Offers 2021 agreements. All guidance available on GOV.UK
Deadline for requesting application packs:
- 31 March 2020– Higher Tier
- 31 May 2020 – Mid Tier and Wildlife Offers (paper)
- 30 June 2020– Mid Tier (online)
Online applicants for wildlife offers do not need to request an application pack.
Deadline for submitting your application for a 2021 agreement:
- 1 May 2020 – Hedgerows and Boundaries Grant / Higher Tier
- 31 July 2020 – Mid Tier / Wildlife Offers
Agreement offers sent out:
- From July 2020 - Hedgerows and Boundaries
- From November 2020 – Higher Tier, Mid Tier and Wildlife Offers
Open all year for applications or claims:
- CS Capital claims
- ES Higher Level Stewardship (HLS) Capital claims
- Woodland Tree Health applications
- Woodland Management Plan applications
- Woodland Creation applications
- 1 May to 30 June 2020 - Cropping and fallow period. Nitrogen Fixing Crops
Ecological Focus Areas (EFA)
- Catch crops must be established by 20 August 2020 and retained until at least 14 October 2020.
- Cover crops must be established by 1 October 2020 and retained until at least 15 January 2021.
- 1 January 2020 to 30 June 2020 – EFA Fallow period.
- 1 May 2020 to 30 June 2020 – EFA Nitrogen Fixing crops.
- EFA hedges and trees in a line must be present all year.
- EFA buffer strips and field margins must be present all year.
- Environmentally sensitive permanent grassland must be retained all year.