How much will be paid
|First 100 hectares (ha)||£20 per ha (minimum payment £1000)|
|Over 100 ha||£10 per ha|
The amount paid will be calculated on the entire area of woodland on the property and can include up to 20% newly planted woodland (under ten years old at the time of application). Anything over 20% will be deducted from the total area for payment but must still be covered in the management plan.
Where to use this item
Only on woodland.
Where this item cannot be used
- that is less than 3ha in total
- where there is already a Forestry Commission (FC) approved management plan and only minor changes are needed to meet the current UK Forestry Standard (UKFS)
How this item will benefit the environment
It will help with the cost of producing a management plan for existing woodland that complies with the standard set by UKFS.
A woodland management plan will help:
- develop and communicate objectives and work proposals for the woodland
- clearly demonstrate how a woodland area will be managed sustainably and monitored
- produce a detailed 10 year management plan using the FC template (includes guidance), that complies with the standard set by UKFS
- make sure the plan covers all woodland on the holding or, for larger holdings, all woodland within the same landscape setting
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them on request:
- any consents or permissions connected with the work
- receipted invoices, or bank statements where a receipted invoice is unavailable
- please see the record keeping and inspection requirements as set out in the Higher Tier manual for more detail
Agreement holders will need to keep the following records and supply them with the claim:
- photographs of the completed work
The detailed requirements for this item will be tailored to the Higher Tier site. Higher Tier applicants should discuss and agree these requirements with their adviser.