Open standards for government
Information about the open standards chosen for use in government technology.
The UK government is selecting a set of open standards for use in government technology. The aim is to apply these consistently across government bodies, making our services better for users.
The profiles listed here include the open standards that have been chosen after a period of peer review and public comment through the Standards Hub.
The Open Standards Board endorsed the first set of open standards for government technology in September 2013.
Published: 27 September 2013
Updated: 26 January 2017
- Open contracting data standard added.
- Added open standards for international development data
- Added publishing vacancies online standards profile and multi agency incident transfer.
- Added standard: exchange of location point
- Added open standards for country codes and language tags
- Added open standards for sharing calendar events and contacts information.
- Added 2 new standards: Viewing government documents and Sharing or collaborating with government documents.
- First published.