The monthly bulletin is a compilation of AAIB reports.
PDF, 3.05MB, 114 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
November Bulletin 11/2016
AAIB Field Investigations
A field investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
General Aviation - Fixed wing
- Piper PA-46-350P (N186CB), aircraft crashed following loss of control, Buttles Farm, Churchinford, Somerset, 14 November 2015
General Aviation – Rotorcraft
- SA342J Gazelle (YU-HET), during a maintenance check the helicopter inadvertently became airborne and landed heavily, Stapleford Aerodrome, 6 July 2015.
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- EV97 Teameurostar UK (G-CDNI), loss of control during a go around, Peterborough/Conington Airport, Cambridgeshire, 27 February 2016
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
Commercial Air Transport
- Boeing 757-28A (G-OOBE), low speed during go-around, Bristol Airport, 1 February 2016
- Boeing 767-322 (N642UA), fuel leak from over-wing fuel filler cap, en route Heathrow to Chicago, 12 July 2016
- Bombardier Global Express BD-700-1A10 (N683GA), jet blast while manoeuvring on ramp caused damage to parked aircraft, Owen Roberts International Airport, Cayman Islands, 24 March 2016
- Acrosport 2 (G-DAGF), left landing gear leg collapsed after touchdown, New Farm Airstrip, near Bristol, 16 August 2016
- Cessna 172P (G-NWFC), heavy landing, North Weald Airfield, Essex, 10 July 2016
- DR 107 One Design (G-CEPZ), landing mishap, Membury Airfield, Berkshire, 5 June 2016
- Piel CP301B (G-AZGY), left landing gear collapse, RAF Henlow, Bedfordshire, 16 April 2016
- Pierre Robin DR400/180R (G-ELUN), landing at incorrect airfield, Warton Aerodrome, Lancashire, 3 July 2016
- Piper J3C-65 (G-BDHK), undercarriage collapsed on landing, Eastbach Airfield, near Coleford, Gloucestershire, 14 August 2016
- Piper PA-24-250 (G-ARLB), heavy landing, Old Buckenham Airfield, Norfolk, 11 June 2016
- Piper PA-28-140 (G-NHRH), nose landing gear collapsed on touchdown, Compton Abbas Airfield, Dorset, 30 May 2016
- Piper PA-28-161 (G-CGDJ), ground impact after takeoff, Perranporth Airfield, Cornwall, 11 August 2016
- Piper PA-28-161 (G-SVEA), struck trees near the edge of the runway during takeoff; subsequently crashed on the adjacent A40 road near Abergavenny, Monmouthshire, on 25 June 2016
- Piper PA-28-161 (G-BZDA), forced landing, White Waltham Airfield, Berkshire, 27 June 2016
- Piper PA-30 (G-ATXD), landed at the wrong aerodrome, RAF Fairford, Gloucestershire, 23 April 2016
- Piper PA34 (N37US), wingtip collision during taxi, Jersey Aero Club, Jersey Airport, 11 April 2016
- Pitts S-1 Special (G-MAXG), landing mishap, Breighton Aerodrome, Yorkshire, 17 April 2016
- Pitts S-1S (G-PARG), loss of control and impact with terrain during a go-around, Gloucester Airport, 12 August 2016
- Robinson R44 (G-BZGO), birdstrike resulted in broken windscreen, approx 8 miles north of Manchester Barton Airport, 13 June 2016
- Robinson R44 (G-EVEE), forced landing following fuel starvation, near Chiltern Park, Oxfordshire, 29 May 2016
- Zenair CH 601UL (G-CCZK), forced landing after takeoff due to engine power loss, Popham Airfield, Hampshire, 15 July 2016
- Zenair CH 601XL (G-EXXL), mid-air collision with recreational kite, Pilling Sands, Morecambe, Heysham, Lancaster, 19 June 2016
- Zlin Z.526F (G-EHZT), wheels up landing, Seething Airfield, Norfolk, 7 May 2016
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- Fournier RF5B (G-BPWK), runway overrun on landing, Usk Airfield, Monmouthshire, 3 June 2016
- Ikarus C42 FB80 (G-CDRO), landing gear collapse, Popham Airfield, Hampshire, 30 June 2016
- Ikarus C42 FB80 Bravo (G-GIAS), engine stoppage and forced landing, Alnwick, Northumberland, 24 June 2016
- Maverick 430 (G-MZJJ), fuel exhaustion resulting in a forced landing, Shop Farm, Clopton, Suffolk, 22 May 2016
- Rans S6 Coyote II (G-BSMU), nosewheel detached following hard landing, Benston Farm, Cumnock, Ayrshire, 18 June 2016
- SD-1 Minisport (G-CIZA), heavy landing, private airstrip, Meldreth, Hertfordshire, 16 July 2016
- Skyranger 582(1) (G-CGMK), hard Landing, Over Farm Microlight Strip, Gloucestershire, 19 July 2016
This section contains Addenda, Corrections and a list of the ten most recent Air Accident reports published by the AAIB. * Correction - Saab-Scania SF340B (G-LGNL), runway excursion during takeoff, Stornoway Airport, 2 January 2015 * Correction - DH82A Tiger Moth (G-AMCK), badly damaged in a forced landing in a field near Sidmouth, Devon on 13 May 2016