- Air Accidents Investigation Branch
- 10 November 2016
- Date of occurrence:
- 3 July 2016
- Aircraft category:
- General aviation - fixed wing
- Report type:
- Bulletin - Correspondence investigation
- Aircraft type:
- Pierre Robin DR400/180R Remorqueur
- Warton Aerodrome, Lancashire
Landing at incorrect airfield, Warton Aerodrome, Lancashire, 3 July 2016.
Following a cross-country flight, the pilot of G-ELUN misidentified Warton Aerodrome for Blackpool Airport and conducted an approach and landing at Warton, before being instructed to go-around and reposition to Blackpool.
Download glossary of abbreviations:
Published: 10 November 2016
Date of occurrence: 3 July 2016