- Air Accidents Investigation Branch
- 10 November 2016
- Date of occurrence:
- 11 August 2016
- Aircraft category:
- General aviation - fixed wing
- Report type:
- Bulletin - Correspondence investigation
- Aircraft type:
- Piper PA-28-161 Cherokee Warrior II
- Perranporth Airfield, Cornwall
Ground impact after takeoff, Perranporth Airfield, Cornwall, 11 August 2016.
On departure from Runway 27 at Perranporth Airfield the aircraft briefly became airborne but sunk back to the ground, impacting the upwind end of the runway. Both occupants sustained minor injuries in the accident, but managed to vacate the aircraft before fire consumed the majority of the fuselage. The cause of the accident was not determined.
Download glossary of abbreviations:
Published: 10 November 2016
Date of occurrence: 11 August 2016