Before you contact DVLA, read how to:
- change your address on your driving licence
- view or share your driving licence information
- replace a lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed driving licence
- track your driving licence application
- apply for your first provisional driving licence
- order forms online from DVLA
- change your name on your driving licence
Find out how to to contact DVLA if you’re a critical worker in the coronavirus (COVID-19) response (for example, you work in a hospital or in a supermarket, or you’re a lorry driver).
When to contact DVLA
If you sent your application by post, it’ll take longer to process because of coronavirus (COVID-19).
If you applied online, wait for 2 weeks before you contact DVLA about:
- your provisional licence
- your replacement licence
- your renewed licence after you’ve been disqualified
- exchanging your licence
DVLA Driving Licence Enquiries
Telephone: 0300 790 6801
Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm
Saturdays, 8am to 4pm
Find out about call charges
Use the webchat service to contact DVLA about driving licences and applications.
Use the email service to contact DVLA about driving licences and applications.
Drivers Customer Services
Contact the Driver and Vehicle Agency if you have a Northern Ireland driving licence.
- 1. What do you need to contact DVLA about?
- Driving licences and applications