Driving licences and applications
Before you contact DVLA, read how to:
- change your address on your driving licence
- view or share your driving licence information
- replace a lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed driving licence
- track your driving licence application
- apply for your first provisional driving licence
- order forms online from DVLA
- change your name on your driving licence
When to contact DVLA
How long it takes to get your driving licence depends on how you sent your application.
|Type of application||Processing time|
Wait for the processing time before you contact DVLA.
It might take longer if DVLA needs to check your identity or medical details.
DVLA Driving Licence Enquiries
Telephone: 0300 790 6801
Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm
Saturdays, 8am to 2pm
Find out about call charges
Use the webchat service to contact DVLA about driving licences and applications.
Use the email service to contact DVLA about driving licences and applications.
Drivers Customer Services
Contact the Driver and Vehicle Agency if you have a Northern Ireland driving licence.
- 1. What do you need to contact DVLA about?
- Driving licences and applications
- Change 1. What do you need to contact DVLA about?