• Stamp Duty Land Tax rates

    Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) is charged on all purchases of houses, flats and other land and residential buildings

  • Tenancy deposit protection

    Tenant's guide to deposit protection schemes - your deposit, information landlords must provide, disputes and advice

  • Private renting

    Private renting as a tenant - repairs, rent increases and arrears, settling disputes, deposits and your rights and responsibilities

  • Private renting for tenants: tenancy agreements

    A tenancy agreement is a contract between you and a landlord - ending a tenancy, changing a tenancy, tenancy types and assured shorthold tenancies

  • Leasehold property

    Leasehold property - leasehold disputes, buying the freehold, service charges, lease extensions and Right to Manage

  • Affordable home ownership schemes

    Help to Buy and affordable home ownership schemes to help first-time buyers and home movers - Help to Buy equity loan, shared ownership, new-build schemes

  • Buying or selling your home

    Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs), using estate agents, making and getting offers, conveyancing and paying Stamp Duty Land Tax

  • Capital Gains Tax

    Capital Gains Tax (CGT) explained - how it's worked out, current CGT rates and how to pay

  • Claiming money or property from a dissolved company

    How to buy or acquire the assets of a dissolved company - how and when you can claim money or property, who to contact and the forms you need

  • Mortgage Interest Run On

    Mortgage Interest Run On is extra money you can get towards housing costs for 4 weeks if your benefits are stopping - eligibility, what you'll get, how to claim

  • Mortgage Rescue Scheme

    The Mortgage Rescue Scheme has closed. Find out what other support you can get.

  • Park (mobile) homes

    Park (mobile) home owner rights and responsibilities - fees and repairs, selling or giving away a home and residents' associations

  • Registering land or property with Land Registry

    Registering land or property - first time registration, transfer of ownership, protecting against fraud, registration in Scotland or NI

  • Scaffolding rules

    The rules for putting up scaffolding on your property - licence, checks, safety, builder, scaffold companies

  • Search for property information from Land Registry

    Find a property and get its title plan, find out who owns it by downloading the title register and see if it's at risk of flooding on Land Registry website

  • Support for Mortgage Interest (SMI)

    Support for Mortgage Interest (SMI) helps homeowners on certain benefits pay interest on loans or mortgages - what you'll get, eligibility and how to claim

  • Your property boundaries

    About your property boundaries, working out your boundary lines, boundaries and neighbour disputes and determining your boundary