Tell HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) about your change of name or address through its secure online service. You can also find out what to do if your circumstances mean you must tell HMRC in a different way.
Start now on the HMRC website
You’ll need to provide different evidence depending on your circumstances and what you want to tell HMRC. You’ll normally need at least 1 of the following:
- your current or last employer’s name
- private or occupational pension details (provider’s name and pension number)
- UTR (unique taxpayer reference) number if you’re in Self Assessment - you’ll find this on your HMRC statements
HMRC will update your details for various services, including PAYE (Pay As You Earn), National Insurance and Child Benefit. It will also tell the Government Gateway and the Pension Service.
- Proof of identification required
- National Insurance number required
- 3 years of address details required