Update your address with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) if you pay Income Tax through PAYE and live in the UK.

This updates your address for:

  • Income Tax
  • National Insurance
  • State Pension
  • tax credits and Child Benefit

To sign in you need:

  • a Government Gateway user ID and password - if you don’t have a user ID you can create one when you update your address
  • a National Insurance number (a temporary reference number will not work)

Start now on Government Gateway sign-in

Before you start

You cannot use this service to update your details:

  • for business tax
  • if you only pay tax through Self Assessment
  • for a change of name
  • if you live abroad

You’ll have to update your details a different way.

Personal tax account

Signing in also activates your personal tax account. You can use this to check your HMRC records and manage your other details.