Dedicated helplines and contacts for tax agents

Find out how to contact HMRC to get help and support.

Self Assessment or PAYE for individuals


If your client is under PAYE, email HMRC with changes to their name or address.


If your client has formally authorised you to act on their behalf, you can call the Agent Dedicated Line.


Use the list of common headings when sending letters to HMRC about your clients’ affairs.


If you’re an authorised agent you can call the Debt Management and Banking Agent Dedicated Line about your client’s debts.

Tax credits

Call the Agent Priority Line if you’re handling tax credits issues on your clients’ behalf.

Other taxes, duties or specialist teams

If you need contact details for a tax and duty that doesn’t have an agent dedicated telephone number or address, you can search the list of HMRC contacts.

Published 1 January 2014