Call the Environment Agency incident hotline to report:
- damage or danger to the natural environment
- pollution to water or land
- poaching or illegal fishing
- dead fish or fish gasping for air
main rivers blocked by a vehicle or fallen tree causing risk of flooding
- flooding from any river, stream, canal, natural spring or the sea
- incidents at Environment Agency-regulated waste sites
- illegal removals from watercourses
- unusual changes in river flow
- collapsed or badly damaged river or canal banks
There’s a different way to make a complaint about the Environment Agency.
Report waste crime
You can report waste crime anonymously to Crimestoppers, such as dumping large amounts of waste illegally.
Incidents you should report to local councils and utility companies
For the following incidents, see the separate guidance to find out whether you should notify your local council or the utility company:
If you’re in Wales
Report the incident to Natural Resources Wales.