Call the Environment Agency incident hotline to report:
- collapsed or badly damaged river banks
- damage or danger to the natural environment
- dead fish or fish gasping for air
- flooding from main rivers or the sea
- illegal removals from watercourses
- incidents at Environment Agency-regulated waste sites
main rivers blocked by a vehicle or fallen tree causing risk of flooding
- poaching or illegal fishing
- pollution to water or land
- unusual changes in river flow
There’s a different way to make a complaint about the Environment Agency.
Read guidance on how the Environment Agency will assess and prioritise any incident you report.
Report waste crime
You can report waste crime anonymously to Crimestoppers, such as dumping large amounts of waste illegally.
Incidents you should report to local councils and utility companies
For the following incidents, see the separate guidance to find out whether you should notify your local council or the utility company to:
If you’re in Wales
Report the incident to Natural Resources Wales.