Follow these steps if you have a dispute with your neighbour.

This guide is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).

  1. Try to solve the problem informally by talking to them.

  2. If your neighbour is a tenant, you could contact their landlord.

  3. You could use a mediation service if raising the issue informally does not work.

  4. If the dispute involves a statutory nuisance (something like loud music or barking dogs), you can make a complaint to your local council.

  5. Contact the police if your neighbour is breaking the law by being violent or harassing you.

  6. As a last resort you can take legal action through the courts.