Other help with housing costs

Housing Benefit will not cover heating, hot water, energy or food. If you need help, use a benefits calculator to check what else you might be entitled to.

Extra help to pay the rent

You might be able to get extra money from your local council if your Housing Benefit does not cover all your rent. This is called a ‘Discretionary Housing Payment’.

To apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment, contact your local council.

Help with heating costs

Check what help you can get with heating and energy costs.