Claiming Discretionary Housing Payments
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Part of:
- Local authorities and advisers: removal of the spare room subsidy and Welfare reform
- 7 January 2014
- Last updated:
- 21 June 2016, see all updates
Factsheet explaining what Discretionary Housing Payments are, who can claim them and how to claim.
PDF, 16.7KB, 1 page
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This factsheet is for councils to give to claimants. Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP) provide extra money when a council decides that someone needs extra help to meet their housing costs. The factsheet explains:
- who can claim a DHP
- how they can use their payment
- how they can make a claim for DHP
Published: 7 January 2014
Updated: 21 June 2016
- Amended RTF to include Universal Credit information. Adding PDF and Welsh versions at a later date.
- First published.