© Crown copyright 2020
This publication is licensed under the terms of the Open Government Licence v3.0 except where otherwise stated. To view this licence, visit nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3 or write to the Information Policy Team, The National Archives, Kew, London TW9 4DU, or email: email@example.com.
Where we have identified any third party copyright information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.
This publication is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/notice-to-exporters-202005-changes-to-permitted-destinations-of-a-number-of-ogels/notice-to-exporters-202005-changes-to-permitted-destinations-of-a-number-of-ogels
As part of an ongoing review of open general licences and further to notices to exporters 2019/16 and 2020/02, changes have been made to the list of permitted destinations on a number of open general export licences (OGELs).
To strengthen existing policy and give the government greater oversight of all controlled exports to Yemen, this country has been removed as a permitted destination on a number of dual-use OGELs.
Lebanon has been removed as a permitted destination on 2 OGELs.
The Italian continental shelf has been added as a permitted destination on 2 OGELs.
Turkey has been removed as a permitted destination from the open general export licence (military components).
Until further notice it will not be possible to register for the open general export licence OGEL (military goods: A400M collaborative programme). A notice to this effect has been added to the front page of the OGEL. A new version of this licence has been published (see paragraph 2.2).
The ability to register for the open general export licence (exports in support of joint strike fighter: F-35 Lightning II) has been reinstated.
2. Changes to open general licences
2.1 Revised open general licences
The following open general export licences have been reissued with changes to the permitted destinations:
- open general export licence (technology for dual-use Items - from June 2019)
- open general export licence (export after exhibition: dual-use items)
- open general export licence (low value shipments – from December 2019)
- open general export licence (export for repair/replacement under warranty: dual-use items - from December 2019)
- open general export licence (X – from December 2019)
- open general export licence (export after repair/replacement under warranty: dual-use Items - from June 2019)
- open general export licence (oil and gas exploration: dual-use items)
- open general export licence (oil and gas exploration: dual-use items – from December 2019)
- open general export licence (chemicals – from December 2019)
- open general export licence (cryptographic development – from December 2019)
- open general export licence (military components)
- open general export licence (military goods: for demonstration – from December 2019)
- open general export licence (military goods: for demonstration)
2.2 New open general licence
The following new open general licence is open for registration (note it does not permit exports to Turkey):
Please note, the licence set out in paragraph 2.2 is for new registrations only.
Exporters who have a valid registration for the existing A400M OGEL are not required to register for the new version of this licence and may continue to use the existing licence.
Contact your Export Control Joint Unit (ECJU) compliance inspector with any queries about registrations.
If an open general licence is no longer available for registration, it will not appear on the OGEL checker tool. The licence can, however, be viewed on GOV.UK at open general export licences.
3. Contact ECJU
Export Control Joint Unit
3 Whitehall Place
Telephone 020 7215 4594
Contact for general queries about strategic export licensing.
This notice is for information only and has no force in law. If the information here applies to your business, we recommend you take appropriate action, including seeking legal advice if necessary.
4. Notices to exporters
All notices published since July 2016 can be found on the Notices to exporters collection page.
You can find:
- Notices to Exporters from September 2012 to July 2016 at the National Archives
- Notices to Exporters prior to September 2012 at the National Archives
Sign up to receive email alerts for notices to exporters.