Licence for the export of military goods for demonstration.
This open general export licence (OGEL) allows, subject to certain conditions, the export of some military goods for demonstration.
All previous licences are revoked.
This licence is subject to reporting requirements under the transparency initiative.
Published: 7 August 2012
Updated: 20 January 2017
- Goods list change to schedule 1, rating code PL5017 removed, Central African Republic added to schedule 2.
- Addition of 'South Sudan' to Schedule 2 (destinations). MOD security requirements clarified, including MOD Form 680. Clause added referring to pre-visit questionnaires.
- Removed South Sudan from list of prohibited destinations. This change will be made formally when we update the licence with other changes later in March.
- Correction: South Sudan added to Schedule 2 (destinations).
- Licence amended to reflect the new Government Security Classification System.
- Russia added to the list of non-permitted destinations.
- This licence has been updated to reflect changes to the requirements for MOD Form 680 approval. See the explanatory note in the licence.
- Licence updated to take account of the EU decision on 20 February 2014 to suspend all export licensing to Ukraine for any equipment which might be used for internal repression.
- Updated to reflect new reporting process in connection with the transparency initiative.
- First published.