Minor and temporary adjustment (MTA) form: Countryside Stewardship

Form for Countryside Stewardship (CS) agreement holders to request a minor and temporary adjustment to the requirements for the options in their agreement.


Minor and temporary adjustment form

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Use this form to request a minor and temporary change when you cannot meet the rules for the options in a CS agreement. (For previous similar schemes, this was known as requesting ‘a derogation’.) You can use this form for issues such as adverse weather conditions - for example hot weather leading to:

  • hay crops needing to be cut earlier than usual
  • you needing to make changes to grazing, cropping and supplementary feeding requirements

Return the form to the Natural England office that deals with your county.

You must get your MTA approved by Natural England before you make any changes to how you manage your agreement.

Published 4 July 2018