Livestock movements – simpler rules from 2016
- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs, Rural Payments Agency, and Animal and Plant Health Agency
- Part of:
- Food and farming industry, Farming industry regulation, Cattle identification and registration, Cattle movements, and Sheep and goats identification, registration and movements
- 26 April 2016
- Last updated:
- 25 August 2016, see all updates
- Applies to:
- England (see publications for Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales)
A summary of changes happening from summer 2016 to the rules for reporting and recording animal movements.
We are making changes which will simplify the rules on reporting livestock movements. Some farmers will be able to simplify how their farms are registered. This may reduce the number of livestock movement reports they need to submit.
This publication summarises the changes happening from summer 2016, so that farmers can start planning how they might benefit from them.
Published: 26 April 2016
Updated: 25 August 2016
- Revised and updated with additional information about rules on temporary use of land.
- First published.