Get a copy of a police caution for child abuse

Use this letter to get evidence a partner has been cautioned by police for child abuse, if you're applying for legal aid.



To get a copy of the police caution, you should:

  • fill in as much as you can of the sample letter
  • send it to the Data Protection Officer at the police force that gave the caution

You may have to pay a fee for your copy.

You can use this as evidence if you’re applying for legal aid to stop an abusive partner seeing your child or to take away their parental responsibility.

The caution must be for one of these child abuse offences.

Published 14 May 2014