Get proof a partner is on police arrest for child abuse

Use this sample letter to get evidence a partner is on bail for a child abuse charge, if you're applying for legal aid.



To get a copy of the police charge sheet, you should:

  • fill in as much as you can of the sample letter
  • send it to the Data Protection Officer at the police force which granted the bail

You may have to pay a fee for your copy.

You can use this as evidence if you’re applying for legal aid to stop an abusive partner seeing your child or to take away their parental responsibility.

They must be on bail for one of these child abuse offences.

Published 19 December 2014