Child custody

Arrange custody, abducted children, stop a child getting a passport.

  1. Children Act 1989: court orders

    Volume 1: statutory guidance about court orders and the roles of the police and the Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service.

  2. Find help to get your child back from abroad or arrange contact

    How to apply to have your child returned if they've been abducted, or arrange contact or enforce a court order in EU, Hague Convention and non-Hague Convention countries

  3. Sample letters to get evidence of child abuse

    Use these letters to get proof of child abuse if you want legal aid to stop a partner seeing your child.

  4. Stop someone getting a passport

    You might be able to stop someone getting a passport by applying for a court order - parental child abduction, vulnerable adults