Children Act 1989: court orders
Volume 1: statutory guidance about court orders and the roles of the police and the Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service.
This statutory guidance is for:
- local authorities
- children services practitioners
- front-line managers
- directors of children’s services
It provides information about the range of court orders set out in the Children Act. It also describes the principles underpinning the act and the roles of the police and of the Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service (Cafcass).
This is volume 1 in a series of 5 related statutory guidance publications:
- Volume 1 - Children Act 1989: court orders
- Volume 2 - Children Act 1989: care planning, placement and case review
- Volume 3 - Children Act 1989: transition to adulthood for care leavers
- Volume 4 - Children Act 1989: fostering services
- Volume 5 - Children’s homes regulations, including quality standards: guide