Volume 3: statutory guidance for local authorities on helping care leavers aged 16 and 17 prepare for adulthood.
This statutory guidance is for:
- personal advisers
- children’s services social workers
- frontline managers who have particular responsibilities for care leavers and looked-after children
- lead members in local authorities
- directors of children’s services
- managers of services for care leavers and looked-after children
- commissioners of services for care leavers and looked-after children
This is volume 3 in a series of 5 related statutory guidance publications.
What legislation does this guidance relate to?
Related statutory guidance
This guidance is issued as part of a suite:
- Volume 1 - Children Act 1989: court orders
- Volume 2 - Children Act 1989: care planning, placement and case review
- Volume 3 - Children Act 1989: planning transition to adulthood for care leavers
- Volume 4 - Children Act 1989: fostering services
- Volume 5 - Children’s homes regulations, including quality standards: guide