Application for UK visa (family joining refugee): appendix 4 VAF4A

Form to go with VAF4A application to reunite with a partner or parent who is in the UK as a refugee or with humanitarian protection.



Use this form if you are applying to come to the UK to reunite with a partner or parent who has been given refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK.

To use this form you must have been in the relationship before your family member left their home country to seek asylum. You must be that person’s:

  • spouse
  • civil partner
  • unmarried or same-sex partner
  • child

You must also complete ‘Form VAF4A’. Read the VAF guidance before completing your application.