You must apply online. You’ll be told what documents you need to provide when you apply.
Get help using a computer to apply online
You can get help with:
- accessing a computer or the internet
- finding the right information on GOV.UK
You cannot get advice on:
- whether you’re eligible to apply
- what information to put in your application
- an application you’ve already made
After you submit your application you’ll be asked to provide your fingerprints and a digital photo (called ‘biometric information’).
Any children aged 6 and over who are applying on your form must also provide biometric information.
When to apply
You should apply during the last month of your current permission to be in the UK.
There’s no fee for applying for settlement as a refugee or person with humanitarian protection.