If you’re in the UK, you can get help filling in your online Home Office application if you:
- do not feel confident using a computer or mobile device
- do not have internet access
This is known as ‘Assisted Digital’ support and can be used for help with any Home Office application, for example:
- the EU Settlement Scheme
- a student visa (Tier 4) - if your sponsor cannot help
- a work visa (Tier 2) - if your sponsor cannot help
- a temporary worker visa (Tier 5) - if your sponsor cannot help
What type of help you can get
You can get:
- face-to-face support at a library or in your home
- phone support from an adviser
‘We Are Digital’ provide the support - you must book an appointment with them.
You cannot get immigration advice through this service. Contact UK Visas and Immigration to check the progress of an application you’ve already submitted.
Find support near you
You may be able to get additional help if you’re a vulnerable citizen applying to the EU Settlement Scheme.