1. Search for an adviser

You can get immigration advice if you need help with getting permission to stay in the UK.

Immigration advisers can help you with most things to do with immigration, including helping you to fill in the right forms and representing you at a tribunal.

Advisers don’t make immigration decisions and can only give you advice.

Using a regulated adviser makes it easier to complain if you don’t get the services you pay for and reduces your risk of fraud.

Search for regulated advisers in your area.

Some advisers charge a fee and some don’t (sometimes known as ‘not for profit’).

The register

The register of regulated immigration advisers gives details of all organisations and advisers regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC). It also tells you whether the organisation charges a fee.

The register includes charities and small community-based organisations. Some of these organisations provide publicly-funded advice or services.

You will still have to pay for any expenses such as translation costs and application fees.

Immigration advisers may charge different fees. You should ask them about the fees they charge.

Suspended immigration advisers

You can see a list of people who are banned from acting as immigration advisers.