November Bulletin 11/2014
AAIB Field Investigations
A field investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
General Aviation - Fixed wing
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
- CASA 1-131E Series 1000 (G-BUCK), landing gear collapse, White Waltham, 10 July 2014
- CSA Sportcruiser (G-EMSA), nose landing gear failure, near Saffron Walden, Essex, 30 August 2014
- Falco F8L (G-REEC), aircraft struck trees during go-around, near Lewes, East Sussex, 24 August 2014
- Reims Cessna FA152 (G-BGAF), loss of control following bounced landing, Southend Airport, 2 June 2014
- Pierre Robin HR200/120B (G-MFLC), loss of control on takeoff, Leeds Bradford Airport, 20 June 2014
- Piper PA-28-161 (G-BODB), aircraft drifted to the left after landing and departed from the side of the runway, Sandtoft, Lincolnshire, 26 May 2014
- Piper PA-28-181 (G-CGVC), struck a fence whilst taxiing at Perranporth Airfield, 15 August 2014
- Piper PA-28RT-201T (G-BHFJ), nose landing gear leg failed to extend fully, Wycombe Air Park, 14 July 2014
- Piper PA-38-112 (G-BPIK), student bounced landing, Carlisle, 15 July 2014
- Robin ATL (G-GGHZ), heavy landing, Beverley (Linley Hill) Airfield, East Yorkshire, 25 July 2014
- Vans RV-9A (G-CDRV), aircraft departed runway, Langham, Norfolk , 27 July 2014
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- EV-97 TeamEurostar UK (G-CGGM), heavy landing, Pitsford, 6 August 2014
- Gemini Flash II (G-MTGA), struck fence during takeoff, private strip, Northiam, East Sussex, 21 June 2014
- Gemini Flash IIA (G-MVJE), loss of control on landing, Otherton Airfield, 14 June 2014
- P&M Aviation QuikR (G-FRIK), wingtip contacted ground during a go-around, Sulby airstrip, Leicestershire, 22 July 2014
- Quad City Challenger II (G-MYIX), propeller drive failure and forced landing, near Louth, Lincolnshire, 2 May 2014
- Skyranger 912(2)(G-CCCK), lost control during taxiing, Newtownards Airfield, 6 July 2014
- Skyranger 912(2) (G-CDIJ), nosewheel collapsed on landing, Battleflat Farm Airstrip, Leicestershire, 24 August 2014
This section contains Addenda, Corrections and a list of the ten most recent Air Accident reports published by the AAIB.