AAIB investigation to Piper PA-28RT-201T Turbo Cherokee Arrow IV, G-BHFJ
- Air Accidents Investigation Branch
- 10 December 2014
- Date of occurrence:
- 14 July 2014
- Aircraft category:
- General aviation - fixed wing
- Report type:
- Bulletin - Correspondence investigation
- Aircraft type:
- Piper PA-28RT-201T Turbo Cherokee Arrow IV
- Wycombe Air Park, Buckinghamshire
Nose landing gear leg failed to extend fully, Wycombe Air Park, 14 July 2014.
The aircraft’s nose landing gear leg failed to extend fully, following which a successful landing was made that damaged the aircraft’s nose and propeller. A flexible fuel drain hose had become disconnected at its fitting at the lower engine cowl and the loose hose had restricted the nose landing gear leg sufficiently to prevent its full extension.
Published: 10 December 2014
Date of occurrence: 14 July 2014