AAIB investigation to Czech Sport Aircraft SportCruiser, G-EMSA
- Air Accidents Investigation Branch
- 10 December 2014
- Date of occurrence:
- 30 August 2014
- Aircraft category:
- General aviation - fixed wing
- Report type:
- Bulletin - Correspondence investigation
- Aircraft type:
- Czech Sport Aircraft SportCruiser
- Near Saffron Walden, Essex
Nose landing gear failure, near Saffron Walden, Essex, 30 August 2014.
Following a normal approach and touchdown at a private grass airstrip, the nose landing gear failed. The nosewheel detached and the aircraft came to a rest within a short distance. Examination of the failed components showed what appeared to be a fatigue failure in the nose landing gear leg.
Published: 10 December 2014
Date of occurrence: 30 August 2014