Air accident monthly bulletin January 2016
The monthly bulletin is a compilation of AAIB reports.
PDF, 4.78MB, 128 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
January Bulletin 1/2016
AAIB SAFETY STUDIES
This section contains AAIB Safety Studies AAIB safety studies consider a factor or factors common to several occurrences, and are intended to support safety action where a factor is not causal to an individual occurrence or where a series of occurrences indicates a trend.
AAIB Field Investigations
A field investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
Commercial Air Transport - Fixed wing
- Beech 95-B55 (G-RICK), controlled flight into terrain (CFIT) on approach to Dundee Airport, 3 May 2015
- Gulfstream G200 (EC-KRN), multiple tyre burst on landing, London Luton Airport, 14 January 2015
General Aviation - Fixed wing
- Bristell NG5 Speed Wing (G-GARD), engine failure and forced landing, near Redhill Aerodrome, Surrey, 15 April 2015
- Piper PA-28-140 (G-BHXK), loss of control and impact with high ground, near Loch Etive, Oban, Argyll and Bute, 4 April 2015
General Aviation – Rotorcraft
- Agusta Bell 206B (G-SUEX), loss of engine power in a position from which it was not possible to conduct a safe landing, Flamborough Head, Yorkshire, 16 September 2014
Sport Aviation / Balloons
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
Commercial Air Transport
- Airbus A320-214 (G-EZUH), incorrect takeoff performance calculation, London Luton Airport, 16 July 2015
- Spitfire T9 (D-FMKN), forced landing following loss of power near Woodchurch, Kent, 7 September 2015
- Cessna 172P (G-BNRR), hit parked vehicle while taxiing, North Weald, 4 September 2015
- CZAW Sportcruiser (G-OCRZ), heavy landing, Firs Farm, Newbury, 2 September 2015
- Enstrom 480 (G-IGHH), wire strike, Aldbury, Hertfordshire, 9 September 2015
- Europa (G-IKRK), runway excursion on landing, Laddingford Aerodrome, 11 July 2015
- Europa (G-JHYS), runway excursion after landing, Laddingford Aerodrome, 11 July 2015
- Glasair RG (G-TRUK), wheels up landing, Fairoaks Airport, 3 September 2015
- Piper PA-16 (EI-AEL), right main landing gear collapse on landing at Enniskillen Airfield, 3 October 2015
- Piper PA-18-150 (Modified) (G-BJCI), struck a motor vehicle after startup, Milfield Airfield, Northumberland, 17 September 2015
- Practavia Sprite Series 2 (G-BCVF), loss of canopy in flight, near Bruntingthorpe Aerodrome, 30 June 2015
- Robin DR 400-180 (F-GSBM), mid-air collision with a radio-controlled model glider, near Shoreham Airport, West Sussex, 30 April 2015
- Socata TB21 (N377C) and Cessna 152 (G-WACF), ground collision, Wycombe Air Park, 9 October 2015
- YAK-52 (G-CDJJ), struck fence during final approach, North Weald Airfield, Essex, 18 June 2015
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- EV-97 Teameurostar UK (G-CEDX), left aileron struck runway during aborted landing, Dunkeswell Airfield, Devon, 29 July 2015
- Pegasus Quantum 15 (G-BZWU), aircraft rolled over on landing, Maypole Airfield, Kent, 26 September 2015
- Pegasus Quik (G-CWVY), struck fence attempting a go-around at Old Park Farm Airfield, 25 October 2015
- Quik GT450 (G-CDUH), engine failure and ditching, Cromarty Firth, 10 October 2015