The monthly bulletin is a compilation of AAIB reports.
PDF, 1.29MB, 82 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
December Bulletin 12/2015
Summaries of Aircraft Accident Reports
This section contains summaries of Aircraft Accident (‘Formal’) Reports published since the last AAIB monthly bulletin.
- Eurocopter (Deutschland) EC135 T2+ (G-SPAO), crashed in Glasgow City Centre, Scotland, on 29 November 2013
AAIB Field Investigations
A field investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
Commercial Air Transport - Fixed wing
- Gulfstream III (N103CD), attempted takeoff using runway edge lights as the centreline reference, Biggin Hill Airport, 24 November 2014
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
Commercial Air Transport
- Airbus A319-111 (G-EZDN), disorientation during a night visual approach, Bristol Airport, 13 May 2015
- Airbus A321-231 (G-ZBAD), aircraft damaged by tug during pushback, Manchester Airport, 23 June 2015
- Boeing B75N1 Stearman (N56200), collision with parked helicopter while taxiing, Goodwood Aerodrome, Sussex, 17 August 2015
- Cessna 172B (G-ARMR), nose gear collapse on landing, Sandown Airport, Isle of Wight, 7 June 2015
- Cessna 172N (G-OSII), hard landing, Andrewsfield Aerodrome, 20 August 2015
- Druine D.62A Condor (G-ASEU), loss of control joining the circuit at Insch Airfield, Aberdeenshire, on 18 April 2015
- Europa (G-OWWW), loss of control on takeoff at Lydeway Field, on 29 August 2015
- Extra EA 300/L (G-KIII), ground loop during taxi, Swansea Airport, 26 September 2015
- Piper PA-28-140 (G-BCJN), heavy landing and runway excursion, Cotswolds Airport Gloucestershire, 7 September 2015
- Piper PA-28-180 (G-AVZR), runway excursion on takeoff, North Coates Airfield, Lincs, 18 July 2015
- Pulsar (G-BUDI), nose landing gear failed, Fairoaks Aerodrome, Surrey, 11 August 2015
- Reims Cessna FA152 (G-FLIP), bounced landing followed by nose gear collapse, Rochester Airport, 22 July 2015
- Streak Shadow (G-WESX), hard landing, Rhedyn Coch Airfield, 10 July 2015
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- Aeroprakt A22-L Foxbat (G-PHOX), aircraft struck livestock on landing, Oldbury-on-Severn, Gloucestershire, 16 August 2015
- Dynamic WT9 Uk (G-NGLS), left wing struck a fence whilst landing at Hollym Airfield on 25 September 2015
- EV-97 Teameurostar UK (G-CHJG), nose gear collapsed on landing, Bagby Airfield, 7 May 2015
- Flight Design CTSW (G-CGIZ), stalled on approach, Manchester Barton Aerodrome, 10 June 2015
- Ikarus C42 FB80 Bravo (G-MRSS), stalled on takeoff at Eshott Airfield on 21 September 2015
- Pegasus Quantum 15 (G-MZJH), struck the ground during approach, Drayton Home Farm, Northamptonshire, 19 September 2015
- Pegasus Quantum 15-912 (G-MDBC), loss of directional control on landing at Arclid Airfield, Cheshire on 29 June 2015
- Pegasus Quik (G-CCYJ), engine power loss during initial climb, Linton Airfield, Kent, 23 May 2015
- Pegasus Xl-Q (G-MWPE), inverted on landing at Sutton Meadows Airfield, 6 July 2015
- Pegasus XL-R (G-MVDV), engine failure and forced landing near Otherton airfield, on 6 September 2015
- Quik GT450 (G-CEGJ), loss of directional control on landing, Sywell Aerodrome, 8 April 2015
- P&M Aviation Quik R (G-CFYO), loss of control during landing, North Weald Airfield, Essex, 21 August 2015
- Rotorsport UK Calidus (G-CLDS), crashed during a short-field takeoff, private strip near Hereford, 31 July 2015
- Team Minimax 91 (G-MYLB), engine failure and forced landing, near Bowburn, County Durham on 13 June 2015
- Vierwerk Aerolite 120 (G-OLAS), stalled on takeoff from Darley Moor Airfield on 13 September 2015