- Air Accidents Investigation Branch
- 10 December 2015
- Date of occurrence:
- 18 July 2015
- Aircraft category:
- General aviation - fixed wing
- Report type:
- Bulletin - Correspondence investigation
- Aircraft type:
- Piper PA-28-180 Cherokee,
- North Coates Airfield, Lincolnshire
Runway excursion on takeoff, North Coates Airfield, Lincolnshire, 18 July 2015.
During an instructional flight the aircraft departed the left side of a grass runway on takeoff and struck a shrub, causing the left wing to detach. The aircraft came to rest in a dyke, inverted and partially underwater.
Download glossary of abbreviations:
Published: 10 December 2015
Date of occurrence: 18 July 2015