AFCS fast payment application form
- Ministry of Defence
- Part of:
- Armed forces compensation, Support services for military and defence personnel and their families, and Support services for veterans and their families
- First published:
- 1 May 2011
- Last updated:
- 14 March 2016, see all updates
Armed Forces Compensation Scheme fast payments for those serving personnel with significant injuries.
Fast payments are a payment on account for those serving personnel with significant injuries.
The payment (currently £60,000) can be paid early in the person’s treatment and recovery.
A fast payment can be made if:
- you are still serving in HM armed forces
- you have injuries which occurred on or after 9 May 2011
- one or more of these injuries would, upon claiming, give rise to an award between tariff levels 1 to 8.
The time limit for making an application for a fast payment is 6 months beginning with the day on which the injury occurs.
For serving personnel, payment will be made via Joint Personnel Administration (JPA) into the same account as your salary. If you need more help completing the form you should contact the Veterans UK:
Telephone: 0808 1914 2 18
Alternatively you can write to us:
Published: 1 May 2011
Updated: 14 March 2016
- Form replaced with latest edition
- Updated the form.
- First published.