Statistics at DCMS
DCMS and our Public Bodies produce Official Statistics covering our sectors. Details of recently published and upcoming releases are available on our Official Statistics catalogue page.
Official Statistics produced by DCMS are available via the links below:
- DCMS Sectors Economic Estimates
- The Taking Part survey
- Creative Industries Economic Estimates
- Alcohol, entertainment and late night refreshment licensing statistics
- Broadband Performance indicators
- Charitable Giving indicators
- Digital Sector Economic Estimates
- Export of objects of cultural interest
- Museums and galleries monthly visits
- School Sport indicators
- Sponsored museums annual performance indicators
- Sport Satellite Account for the UK
- Treasure and portable antiquities
- Ad-hoc statistical publications
Discontinued outputs include:
- Free swimming
- Local area statistics on participation in sport and culture
- Productivity statistics in creative industries and tourism and leisure industries
For other relevant research visit the Research at DCMS page.
How we produce statistics
Our statement of compliance gives details of our policies and strategies that ensure that we are compliant with the UK Statistics Authority Code of Practice for Official statistics (2009). These include our policies on revisions, data management, statement of administrative sources, user engagement and complaints.
DCMS also publish annual statistical work plans.
UK statistics authority assessment
In 2012 the UK Statistics Authority published its assessment of DCMS as a producer of Official Statistics. The Authority assessed DCMS against the Code of Practice for Official Statistics.
You can view the assessment report on the UK Statistics Authority website (PDF, 76kb). The main focus of the report is on the Taking Part survey, but the Authority also comments more widely on DCMS as a producer of Official Statistics.
On 12 February 2013 the Board of the Statistics Authority designated Taking Part outputs as National Statistics in a letter to the department.
Head of Profession: Mary Gregory
For any queries please telephone 020 7211 6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department for Culture, Media and Sport
100 Parliament Street