Community Life Survey
The Community Life Survey is held annually to track trends and developments in areas that encourage social action and empower communities.
The Cabinet Office commissioned the first Community Life Survey in 2012 to look at the latest trends in areas such as volunteering, charitable giving, local action and networks and well-being. The aim of the survey is to provide cost-effective data of value to government, external stakeholders and citizens.
Consultation and experimental work
2016 to 2017 survey
2015 to 2016 survey
2014 to 2015 survey
2013 to 2014 survey
2012 to 2013 survey
- Community Life Survey 2012 to 2013: findings
- Building a bigger, stronger society - Community Life Survey infographic
- Community Life Survey 2012 to 2013: technical report
- Community Life Survey 2012 to 2013 data: Quarters 2, 3 and 4
- Community Life Survey 2012 to 2013 data: Quarters 2 and 3
- Community Life Survey 2012 to 2013 data: Quarter 2
- Community Life Survey: Q2 2012-13 - statistical press release
FAQs and supporting documents
Last updated 20 July 2016 + show all updates
Added 2015 to 2016 data and statistical analysis.
Added 2015 to 2016 survey
Added 2014 to 2015 technical report
Added consultation and research on future methodology for the survey.
Added 2014 to 2015 data and statistical analysis.
Added Community Life Survey 2013 to 2014: technical report. Updated FAQs.
2013 to 2014 data and headline analysis added.
Questionnaires for 2013 to 2014 and 2014 to 2015 added.