You might be able to get Carer’s Allowance to help you if you’re caring for someone for 35 hours or more each week.
Start now on the Carer's Allowance service
Read the carer’s allowance claim notes before applying. It includes information to help you apply and helpdesk contact details.
What you’ll need to make a claim
Make sure you have the following information about you, your partner and the person you’re caring for before you apply:
- details of benefits received
- National Insurance numbers
- personal details, including dates of birth and addresses
- time spent abroad, in education or in employment
- dates and times when your caring was less than 35 hours a week
- bank or building society details
The information you give will be kept confidential.
Your application will reset if inactive for more than 1 hour. You will then have to restart your claim.
Change of circumstances
You must report any change in your circumstances if you’re claiming or have applied for Carer’s Allowance.
This includes if you get a job, take a break from caring for someone or stop being a carer altogether.