The British Vice Consulate in Rhodes represents the UK government in Greece.

The British Embassy Athens and British Vice Consulates in Greece are closed to the public due to coronavirus (COVID-19) until further notice.

For help and advice regarding consular emergencies please call +30 210 727 2600 (available 24/7). Alternatively, email us.

Find out more on our UK and Greece news page

We provide services to British nationals living in and visiting Greece. You can access UK government services while in Greece.

Read the latest information on the rights and status for UK nationals Living in Europe and our practical guidance on Living in Greece.

Urgent assistance

If you’re travelling in Greece, see how to Return to the UK during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. If you cannot return at this time, see how to stay safely in Greece during coronavirus.

See also our coronavirus travel advice for all our latest guidance on travel during coronavirus.

If you’re in Greece and you need advice which is not covered by reading our travel advice then you can contact us online

If you’re in Rhodes and you need urgent help (for example, you’ve been attacked, arrested or someone has died), call +30 22410 22005. In an emergency outside working hours (8am - 3pm) please call +30 210 7272600.

Get an emergency travel document

You can apply for an emergency travel document if you’re abroad and your passport has been lost or stolen, damaged or expired, and you can’t get a new or replacement passport in time to travel.

Apply online for an emergency travel document

If the person needing the emergency travel document is under 16, a parent or guardian should apply on their behalf.

If you are travelling in more than 3 weeks, check if you can get a new or replacement passport in time to travel.

If you are not a British citizen or have not had a British passport before

If you’re not sure, check if you’re a British citizen

If you’re not a British citizen but think you may be eligible, contact us to apply for an emergency travel document.

Other consular services

Notarial and documentary services

Notarial services and documentary services for UK nationals wishing to marry in Greece have been temporarily suspended.

If you think you have an urgent need for a notarial service, please email us at

See the full list of notarial and documentary services we provide in Greece.

Marriage and civil partnerships

For information on getting married in Greece, see getting married abroad.

Certificates of Non Impediment (CNIs) for British Nationals wishing to marry in Greece are only issued by the British Embassy in Athens. Please go to the getting married abroad page to establish if you need one.

Consular fees

We charge fees for some of our services. See the full list of consular fees in Greece.

We also provide services in:

Contact us

British Vice Consulate Rhodes

29 Gr. Lambraki Street
85 100 Rhodes

Use our contact form for consular enquiries, including on your rights after the UK’s exit from the EU:

Access and opening times

Corporate information