The British honorary vice consulate in Zakynthos represents the UK government in Zakynthos and provides services to British nationals.

We also provide services at the British Embassy Athens and vice consulates in Crete, Corfu and Rhodes.

Check our opening hours

Services for British nationals

Urgent assistance

If you’re in Zakynthos and you urgently need help (eg if you’ve been attacked, arrested or lost your passport), call +30 26950 22906. In an emergency outside working hours (8am - 3pm) please call the British Embassy Athens switchboard number: +30 210 7272600.

If you’re in the UK and concerned about a British national in Zakynthos call 020 7008 1500.

Get or renew a passport

The honorary vice consulate can’t help with passport enquiries. Contact Her Majesty’s Passport Office if you need help.

If you can’t get a new or replacement passport in time to travel, you may be able to get an emergency travel document.

Get an emergency travel document

You can apply for an emergency travel document if you’re abroad and your passport has been lost or stolen, damaged or expired, and you can’t get a new or replacement passport in time to travel.

If you’re due to travel in the next 24 hours, contact us as soon as possible.

Apply online for an emergency travel document if you:

  • are over 16 years old and
  • are a British citizen and
  • have previously owned a British passport

Contact us to apply for an emergency travel document if you are:

  • over 16 years old but have not owned a British passport before or
  • not a British citizen or
  • applying for a child under 16 years old

Once you have contacted us, you will be advised to make an appointment to apply for an emergency travel document at the British Honorary Vice Consulate Zakynthos.

Travel advice: For information and advice on travelling to Greece see travel advice for Greece

Get a visa

The honorary vice consulate can’t help with visa enquiries.

If you’re not a British national, you may need a visa to travel to the UK. Check if you need a UK visa.

If you’re a British national travelling abroad and need to apply for a visa to visit a particular country or check if you need a visa, see the entry requirements on our foreign travel advice for the country you want to visit.

For more information on visas, see UK visas and immigration.

Marriage and civil partnerships

For information on getting married in Greece, see getting married abroad.

Certificates of Non Impediment (CNIs) for British Nationals wishing to marry in Greece are only issued by the British Embassy in Athens. Please go to the getting married abroad page to establish if you need one.

In order to facilitate British Nationals who reside outside Athens the paperwork, which must normally be submitted to the British Embassy in person to start the process for a CNI, can now be signed before one of our Consulates in Crete, Corfu, Rhodes or Zakynthos. Customers can therefore pay the relevant fees at the Consulate and have their Notice of Marriage displayed there without the need to travel to Athens. The CNI will then be issued by the Embassy in Athens and sent to the customer.

Once you have established that you require a CNI please click the link below for the relevant Consulate in order to make an appointment.

Register a birth or death

Find out how to register a birth or register a death in Greece. You can’t register a birth or death at the Vice Consulate or Embassy.

Bereavement support

If you’re in the country where the death occurred, contact us. If you’re in the UK and hear of the death of a relative from a third party, you should contact the Foreign and Commonwealth Office on 020 7008 1500.

Read our guidance on coping with death abroad

Support if you’ve been arrested

We’ll do all we can to contact you within 24 hours of being told that you’ve been detained or arrested and will give you a prisoner pack with information for British prisoners in Greece. We cannot get you out of prison, prevent the local authorities from deporting you after your prison sentence, or interfere in criminal or civil court proceedings.

Notarial and documentary services

See the full list of notarial and documentary services we provide in Greece.

Legalisation services

The honorary vice consulate does not provide legalisation services. Read our notarial and documentary services page for more information about legalisation in Greece.

Ask the UK government to get a UK document legalised (certified as genuine).

Lists of lawyers and interpreters

Use our lists of English speaking lawyers and interpreters if you need help with official transactions in Greece. Please note that inclusion in this list does not constitute official endorsement by the vice consulate or the UK government.

Local service provider lists

We provide lists of:

Please note that inclusion in these lists does not constitute official endorsement by the honorary vice consulate or the UK government.

How else we can help

In addition to the services listed above we can also:

  • provide information about transferring funds
  • provide appropriate help if you have suffered rape or serious assault, are a victim of other crime, or are in hospital
  • help people with mental illness
  • offer support and help in a range of other cases, such as child abductions, missing people and kidnapping
  • contact family or friends for you if you want
  • make special arrangements in cases of terrorism, civil disturbances or natural disasters or other crises abroad

For more information on the services we provide, see Support for British nationals abroad: A guide.

General information on living in Greece

What our consulates cannot do for you

Although we try to help British nationals in a wide range of situations, we also cannot:

  • help you enter a country, for example, if you don’t have a visa or your passport is not valid
  • give you legal advice, investigate crimes or carry out searches for missing people, although we can give you details of people who may be able to help you in these cases, such as English-speaking lawyers.
  • get you better treatment in hospital or prison than is given to local people
  • pay any bills or give you money (in very exceptional circumstances we may lend you some money from public funds, which you’ll have to pay back)
  • make travel arrangements for you, or find you work or accommodation
  • make business arrangements on your behalf

Consular fees

We charge fees for some of our services. See the full list of consular fees in Greece

Contact us

British Honorary Vice Consulate Zakynthos

28 Foskolou Street
29 100 Zakynthos

Access and opening times

Corporate information