We maintain and develop relations between the UK and the Netherlands.

Read the latest information on the rights and status of UK nationals in the EU.

The British Embassy in The Hague manages the UK government’s relations with the Netherlands and international institutions based in The Hague. Our work covers a range of issues including the UK government’s policy goals in the Netherlands, and services that support the British economy.

The British Embassy in The Hague is currently not open to the public.

You can access UK government services while in the Netherlands, including via our Living in the Netherlands guide.

News and announcements from the British Embassy in The Hague.

Consular services (including emergency travel documents) are carried out at the British Consulate General in Amsterdam.

Urgent assistance

If you’re in the Netherlands and you need urgent help (for example, you’ve been attacked, arrested or someone has died), call the British Consulate General Amsterdam on +31 (0)70 4270 427. If you’re in the UK and worried about a British national in the Netherlands, call 020 7008 15000.

Our people

Peter Wilson CMG

Peter Wilson CMG

British Ambassador to the Netherlands and UK Permanent Representative to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)

Contact us

British Embassy The Hague

Lange Voorhout 10
2514 ED The Hague

Use our contact form for consular enquiries including Brexit guidance, residency, healthcare and driving:

For enquiries that are not about consular issues, email ukinnl@fco.gov.uk

Access and opening times