We maintain and develop relations between the UK and Japan.

We no longer provide consular services. British Nationals can access consular services in Tokyo.

You can access UK government services while in Japan.

Urgent assistance

If you’re in Osaka and you need urgent help (for example, you’ve been attacked, arrested or someone has died), call (+81) (3) 5211-1100. If you’re in the UK and worried about a British national in Japan, call 020 7008 1500.

Contact us

British Consulate General Osaka

541 - 0059
Osaka3-5-1 Bakuro-machi, Chuo-ku

Assistance for British Nationals:
All consular services are provided through the British Embassy in Tokyo. British nationals requiring consular assistance in Japan should call (+81) (3) 5211-1100 or email consular.japan@fco.gov.uk.

If you would like to report an Emergency involving a British National, please call 03 5211 1100 at any time.

Access and opening times

Corporate information