On this page
Apply to close or divert a highway
How to apply for a stopping up order to close or divert a highway, including information on the documents you must provide.
Installing apparatus in a highway - Section 50 licence NRSWA 1991
Application pack for a licence to install works on Highways England's road network.
Apply to close a road for a special event
For local traffic authorities to apply to close a road for a special event under a Section 16 temporary traffic regulation order.
Part I claims: claim for compensation form
Claim for compensation if the value of your property goes down from the use of a new or altered road.
Apply to pedestrianise a highway
Local planning authorities can apply to remove vehicle rights on a highway to pedestrianise it.
Guidance and regulation
- Safety at street works and road works
- How to reinstate a road after doing street works
- Co-ordinating street works
- Highways England land and property ownership enquiries
- How to apply to Highways England for noise insulation
News and communications
Research and statistics
Policy papers and consultations
- Future of lane rental schemes for roadworks
- A38 Derby Junctions Improvements
- Lane rental schemes for roadworks: removal of sunset clause
- Proposed guidance for coring during streetworks inspections
- A27 Chichester bypass improvement scheme
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Temporary speed limit - M6 junctions 26 to 27
- M20 Closures
- A27 road surface
- Roadworks undertaken in 2017
- A47 closures