On this page
Check if you need an international driving permit (IDP) to drive abroad on holiday and how to exchange your licence if you move abroad - including driving in the EU after Brexit.
Taking a vehicle out of the UK
Taking your car out of the UK - when VAT is not payable on a car you're exporting, procedures, registration and vehicle tax
EU and GB domestic rules for drivers of goods vehicles and passenger-carrying vehicles
Drive abroad: step by step
How to drive abroad, whether you need an international driving permit and what to check.
Information on the restrictions on cabotage, or the haulage of goods for hire or reward in one EU member state by a vehicle registered in a different member state
Guidance and regulation
- International driving permits for UK drivers from 28 March 2019
- Prepare to drive in the EU after Brexit
- Prepare to drive in the EU after Brexit: lorry and goods vehicle drivers
- Prepare to drive in the EU after Brexit: bus and coach drivers
- International road haulage: operator licences and permits