Follow these steps if you have a problem with your landlord:

  1. Complain to your landlord - they should have a complaints policy that you can follow.

  2. Make a complaint to a ‘designated person’ (your MP, a local councillor or a tenant panel) if you cannot resolve the problem with your landlord.

  3. Contact your council or local authority if you and your landlord still cannot resolve the problem.