Update your holding details

If you keep cattle, bison or buffalo, make sure the relevant organisations hold up-to-date and accurate details for you and your holding.

Applies to England and Wales

If you change your contact details, it is important to notify:

  • the organisation that registered your holding
  • the British Cattle Movement Service (BCMS)
  • the Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA)

When you register with BCMS, your county parish holding (CPH) number and phone number will be recorded on the Cattle Tracing System (CTS). If your phone number is incorrect, you may not be able to use the CTS self-service phone line.

Which details you need to keep up to date

Make sure these details are up to date:

  • business title
  • phone number
  • holding address (where the cattle are kept)
  • correspondence name and address (if different from your holding address)
  • email address

Who to contact

Wherever your holding is located, you should contact:

In addition:

  • if your holding is in England, notify the Rural Payments Agency’s customer service centre on 0300 020 0301
  • if your holding is in Wales, notify the Welsh Government Customer Contact Centre on 0300 062 5004

How to contact BCMS

British Cattle Movement Service

Curwen Road
Derwent Howe
CA14 2DD


BCMS helpline 0345 050 1234

Helpline for cattle keepers in Wales 0345 050 3456

Normal BCMS helpline opening hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm, closed weekends and bank holidays. All calls charged at local rate.

Published 6 May 2014