- British Cattle Movement Service
- Part of:
- Guidance on keeping cattle, bison and buffalo in Great Britain and Cattle identification and registration
- 6 May 2014
- Applies to:
- England, Scotland, and Wales
If you keep cattle, bison or buffalo, make sure the relevant organisations hold up-to-date and accurate details for you and your holding.
Whenever your contact details change, it is important to notify:
- the organisation that registered your holding
- the British Cattle Movement Service (BCMS)
- the Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA)
They need correct details so they can get in touch with you.
An incorrect telephone number may also stop you using the Cattle Tracing System self-service phone line.
Which details you need to keep up to date
You should contact the organisations below if there is a change to any of these details:
- business title
- telephone number
- holding address (ie where the cattle are kept)
- correspondence name and address (if different from your holding address)
- email address
Who to contact
Wherever your holding is located, you should contact:
if your holding is in England, notify the Rural Payments Agency’s customer service centre on 03000 200 301
- if your holding is in Scotland, notify your local Scottish Government Rural Payment and Inspection Division (SGRPID) Office
- if your holding is in Wales, notify the Welsh Government Customer Contact Centre on 0300 062 5004
How to contact BCMS
British Cattle Movement Service
BCMS helpline 0345 050 1234
Helpline for cattle keepers in Wales 0345 050 3456
Normal BCMS helpline opening hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm, closed weekends and bank holidays. All calls charged at local rate.
Published: 6 May 2014