Send a question to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) ministerial correspondence team.
DWP is responsible for welfare, pensions and child maintenance policy.
Our ministerial correspondence team aim to reply to questions about our policies within 4 weeks.
We often get enquiries about the following topics. Check the guidance if you need to:
- find out how and when your benefits are paid
- apply for a benefit or payment
- tell us about a change in your circumstances (such as moving home)
- challenge a benefit decision (also known as asking for mandatory reconsideration)
- appeal a benefit decision (after you get a mandatory reconsideration decision)
- complain about the service you’ve received
- request the personal information DWP holds about you
- make a freedom of information request
Email the ministerial correspondence team
Send your question using the online contact form.
Write to the ministerial correspondence team
Do not send benefit applications to this address. They will not be dealt with. Find out how to apply for benefits.
Ministerial Correspondence Team
Address legal documents to DWP Litigation Division.